Monday, October 3, 2011

Jam Band #2

The Edge
U2

It took a lot longer than I could between my second and first Jam Band posts, but that's because I've been devoid of an electric guitar since school started. Good thing that will come to an end this weekend, where I'll be playing it at home, and then bring it back to school with me.

For this Jam Band post, I'm not really coming up with my own chord progression - I just thought that it would be really awesome to solo to this in some five-minute epic outro. It's the outro to All I Want Is You by U2 (if you read my previous post, you'd know that I'm OBSESSED with this song. For many reasons), which is as simple as

e---0--0-0----2--0---        A: x03330
B---3--2-3----3--3---        Asus2: x03320
G---3--3-3----2--2---        D: x00232
D---3--3-3----0--0---        Dsus2: x00230
A---0--0-0----0--0---
E--------------------

The tuning of All I Want Is You is in G-flat, which means you'd have to tune a half-step down from standard tuning on a guitar. That, or you could just play this wherever, with a capo anywhere. Part of the outro uses a Dsus4 (x00233) which makes the progression sound more like rock and minor pentatonic vamping than a love song, but such is the nature of U2.

Well, that's it for now. Maybe I'll find something else this weekend and post it! Or, maybe it will take me another eight weeks. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment