Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The newTunes Project

What would you do if you had a total of zero songs to listen to?

I'd get some songs.

I am faced with this situation for the third time in about four months, although this time, I'm done considering it unfortunate. I've lost the music on my iTouch to the following: updating to the new operating system, having to get my computer fixed, and water damage (the source of which shall remain undisclosed (the toilet)). My thirteen hundred songs went to eight hundred, and then six hundred, and now, zero. But this was an opportunity. An opportunity to not only, for once and for all, have songs on my iPod that I actually listen to, but to enter an internal discussion about what songs people need to have in their collection. I decided that the best course of action would be to ask. Ask anyone and everyone.

So, let's do it.You have the world of music at your disposal. The #1 overall pick in the draft of songs. What do you take first?

(No, seriously. I would absolutely love it if people commented, or talked to me about this. I'm incredibly interested and wouldn't mind trying out some new music!)

9 comments:

  1. Fleet Foxes- He Doesn't Know Why

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pachuca Sunrise-Minus The Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. anything CCR, Pink Floyd...for classic stuff

    if you want really original chill stuff check out kurt vile and sufjan stevens (the latter is ultra chill but my favorite artist)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fratellis - whistle for the choir

      Delete
  4. Kerosene by Miranda Lambert (be warned its country)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it Easy by The Eagles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderwall-Oasis. Perfection with only 4 chords

    ReplyDelete