Monday, October 31, 2011

Complexes

I definitely think I have complex issues. Allow me to explain two. And by two, I mean the only two I think I have right now.

The House Complex
So I have this problem where I have way too high expectations for House episodes now. Because the first 5 seasons were so great, and 6 and 7 were decent enough for me to still be in love with the show, I had some high hopes for season 8. And this has worked out in some paradoxical way for me. The previous episode was REALLY GOOD, but I didn't have that "OMG THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD" feeling I had after a multitude of House (and even Lost) episodes. Actually, it happened more in Lost, I'd say. Where at the end of the episode, I'd be sitting there slackjawed, not knowing what the hell just happened, yet somehow understanding most of it, and thinking that that was an awesome episode. House doesn't do that anymore. House can be really good for 41 minutes and then have an indie rock montage that makes the entire episode seem solemn and peaceful. The last thing House is is peaceful. So because of all of this awesomeness that previously surrounded House, I've come to expect every episode to be amazing. Except that I don't let any episodes be amazing. So that kinda sucks.

The One Day, One Room Complex
What works out cool about that ^ is that it refers to my blog and a House episode at the same time. But here, I'll be talking about my blog. Rather, my blogging. If you were around me 24/7, you would see that there's always a 30-second span each day where I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. When the reality is I've gone more than a week between blog posts once. Part of this complex could be that maybe I don't have thoughts that I consider necessary to actually blog about. I dunno. I mean I clearly blog enough, if there have been two months in 2011 where I've had fewer than 12 blog posts. So I have no idea what this is. Probably just something else I should get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment