Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Leaving out the last word of the

I have a theory. Maybe you're one of those people who take notes during class or a presentation, and when you look back at said notes, don't remember what you meant when you wrote a particular thing down. Which would leave those notes essentially useless to you. However. I postulate that there is a way around this. What if you left out the last word of the sentence? It would force you to figure out what that last word is given the context, and perhaps that would jog your memory from when you took the notes.

On an entirely separate note, I'm beginning to realize that I have many theories on the table right now. (And by many, I mean two. And by two, I mean two, plus every unresolved theory I've ever had ever. And by theory, I mean conjecture. Gotta be Language-of-Math-precise with my word selection here.) Last night when I worked Math Lab for an hour totally supported this, too. A friend of one of the tutors came in, and they were telling me about a Sabermetrics course at Stonehill. Yeah, like baseball sabermetrics. Taught by Su. HOORAY!!!!!!!! Uh so I'm definitely taking this 5000% totally going to do it because it's literally what I want to do with my life. My workplace won't be an office, or cubicle, or whatever...it will be baseball-reference.com. (Editor's Note: On second thought, maybe I should just work for baseball-reference...)

No comments:

Post a Comment