Thursday, November 3, 2011

10 good songs

(No seriously, that's all this post is about.)

So it's been a while since I last put a bunch of music on the blog (precisely September 7th), and with my iTunes seeing a makeover after upgrading to iOS5 for my iTouch, there's been some shuffling around of music (no pun intended (doesn't mean it wasn't funny)). Actually no, now I definitely intend for that pun to be there. Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna shuffle through my iTunes and see what comes up, and if it's a good song, bam. It goes here.

1. Untouchable - Luna Halo. Some people might know this as a Taylor Swift cover, but that doesn't stop me from loving this song. If every Taylor Swift song were like this, I would love all of them. Alas...

2. Wounded - Third Eye Blind. Third Eye Blind always seems to have some awesome combination of guitar picking, heavy choruses, and awesome lyrical melodies. No exception here.

3. Lost! - Coldplay. I was never a fan of Viva la Vida, and I'm still kinda not, but it somehow found its way into my iTunes...like the entire album. Violet Hill is a great song, but I haven't come across that one yet, and Lost! is a pretty legit song.

4. See the World - Gomez. This song is just so much fun to harmonize to. Like I bet someone out there wakes up and listens to this song every day. Also it was on House, so mad bonus points there.

5. You Girl - Sam Adams. Sam Adams - the paragon of music that's awesome to listen while driving...by yourself.

6. Satellite - Guster. Goes under the category of "awesome." Done deal.

7. Black Roses Red - Alana Grace. It would complete my life if Daughtry covered this song. It's absolutely PERFECT for him. Major props to this song for sounding badass.

8. Savior - Rise Against. Mmmm...

9. Bad - U2. Despite the fact that you can mash this up with Take a Picture by Filter and Heartbreak Warfare by John Mayer, this song is AMAZING. It builds up perfectly and then Bono yells and everything is so awesome about this song.

10. Philosophia - The Guggenheim Grotto. This song is simply perfection. Electronic keyboard for one, fantastically crafted lyrics, two, and three-dude harmony? GTFO. I listened to this song on repeat for probably the entire month of April last semester while I was working on my Literature final paper, which dealt with the philosophy of the idea of physical evil conveyed by Voltaire in Candide. Everyone download this. Please. Do yourself a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment