Monday, November 14, 2011

November sunshine

I don't know how, but it's supposed to be in the 60s AGAIN this week. Score one for New England weather, I guess. Either that or this whole global warming thing is legit. Anyway, the non-crappy weather was the first thing to get my last-full-week-before-Thanksgiving-break week off on the right foot. That, and realizing that I only have 2 or 3 classes of each course before the break (despite an exam in two classes). And that my friends are visiting me this weekend, which is totally awesome, because it's always one of the best/most hilarious days of the semester when they visit. I also just sent out an email to the Orientation Group telling them to kick some serious ass in this last week-plus before we go home for a few days, and that obviously got me in a rather exuberant mood.

But to know where you're going, you have to know where you came from. Last weekend was also really great - me and Vicki went to Watertown for a couple of nights, saw J. Edgar (which was well-done and a pretty interesting movie (especially for someone who knew literally nothing about it going in)), went to the Bruins game on Saturday, and then came back to watch Hitch (which is actually a pretty underrated movie. Maybe I'm just drawn to someone saying things, a lot of things, and as he says them, they are immediately true (see: House, Gregory)).

So, yeah. Basically, it's a pretty good month so far. Which is fantastic, considering November is the second most lethargic month of the year (August). Cold, wind, rain, leaves falling, bare leaves...definitely seems like there are a lot more than 30 days in the month. But what's great about this year is that it definitely has seemed like fewer than 14 days have passed by. Guess that means that before I know it, it'll be the weekend before 2 days of class before a 5-day weekend. Can't complain with that.

1 comment:

  1. yay 4 1 of the best most hilaroisu days of the summester

    ReplyDelete