Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time, pt. 3

Here's something I was thinking about before Calc today. Is having a blog timeless? Or posting, or writing, whatever you wanna call it. What I thought about to support this is the amount of checkpoints we have in the world around us. Many of us are counting down the days until Christmas break, or until finals begin. Sports teams are looking at the next game they have to play, or when the next homestand is arriving. Students with assignments are constantly saying, "I'll do x amount of work before this day." TV shows are beginning to enter their winter breaks. What about my blog? Never have I ever said, "I'll blog some time in the next 3 or 4 days." I've wanted to blog in a timeframe, but that doesn't mean I'll force myself to. Like I said in some earlier post this month, I've only gone more than a week between blog posts once. Will there be an end to my blog? And if so, how, when? Why is the end of this post sounding horribly as rhetorical as my previous post? WHY?!?

Moral of the story: some things have time caps on them. The end in sight. Light at the end of the tunnel. But what about the things that don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment