Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The world we know

What happens when you know exactly what you want to say, but have no idea what the right words are? After multiple failed attempts to answer that question, I've decided that when you can't find the right words, find someone else who does. And all throughout this evening and tonight, I've been trying to find the right words. Some words don't do it enough justice. Some words don't seem to fit. And when that happens, I go searching for something that can say what I'm thinking better than I can.

“Life is nothing until it is lived; but it is yours to make sense of, and the value of it is nothing else but the sense that you choose.” --Jean-Paul Sartre

"In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." --Proverbs 3:6

I've been trying to find something to piece this all together, and haven't come across anything that's stuck. Not even House has been able to help me. I couldn't help but play "Lose You" by Pete Yorn at least once today, thinking about that episode and what happened today. Then I listened to "The World I Know" by Collective Soul, and grew attached to that for a few minutes. But as I was sitting here, typing this post out, I thought about a song that I haven't heard in a long time, and a song that has the feeling (right now, at least) that could tie this together. "Strength of the World" by Avenged Sevenfold. It's not perfect, it might not even be close to perfect, but that's where I'm at right now. This blog post is so immensely all over the place right now, but I'm strangely okay with that. I think that's how this stuff goes for a while. No one knows what to do this soon after something like this. But everything works itself out in the end. Heh. Everything works itself out in the end.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that, is just progress." --LOST

Let there always be progress in our lives, and let there be progress in the eternal life that Jeff has.
Rest in peace, Jeff. You will be missed and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment