Friday, December 16, 2011

Stonehill "problems"

Every time I give a tour of Stonehill, I'll mention at least once or twice that I absolutely love it here, never want to leave, and will have to be removed from the premises for them to get me out of here. Know why? Because Stonehill is AWESOME. I've unfortunately come to realize that not everyone here feels the same way I do. Which is too bad, because you can never have enough of the purple sunglasses feeling. One hashtag that I come across when I hit up the Twitter is #stonehillprobz. What I don't like about this (besides the fact that it's not "problems") is 1) people complain about things and attribute them to Stonehill even though Stonehill has nothing to do with it, and 2) people complain about things about Stonehill when this is, as I said, AWESOME. Allow me to explain:

  • "crappiest thing about finals week? Friday is my worst day."
    • This falls under the "more of a college problem" category. Also, it being finals week throws off the daily schedules. Comes with the territory.
  • "calculus final..."
    • Really? I mean you're in a Calculus class, did you not expect that you'd have a Calculus final?
  • "should be writing some papers or studying for my finals yet i find myself on twitter and deleting my 100000 listserves"
    • I feel like that one's on you...
  • "The worst part about leaving campus is knowing that when you get back you're most likely going to have to park in lot 17"
    • Deductive reasoning: You have a car which implies you're not a freshman which means you don't live in the Sem. Meaning that any walk on campus you're going to have to make is probably 7 minutes, tops.
I mean maybe it's a good thing that this is what people have to complain about here, but still - what good does it do you to complain about your school? And yes, I know what you're probably thinking - I'm doing the same thing, right? Sure, this is probably hypocritical of me to talk about people complaining, but that's what I have the problem with, not Stonehill. I'm not complaining about Stonehill (nor would I ever). Stonehill has been too good to me in my first three semesters for me to think it's anything less than exactly what I was looking for in a college. Which is why I push the "this place is awesome" theme. Which is what I believe everyone here should do. You came to Stonehill for a reason, so stick by it. Be good to Stonehill, and it will be good to you. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment