Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Earth is (not) a cold dead place, pt. 2

Alright, so I may have been a little quick to hop off of the "inherent good" bandwagon. In tragedies, it's obviously easy to wonder why evil things happen. It's something I wondered for most of my Intro to Philosophy class, blogged about here a few times, and have only been reminded of it when something of this magnitude happened. But as is the case in life, it's not about what happens to you, it's about how you react to it. And the reaction of Boston and those involved with what happened are exactly why the Earth is not a cold dead place.

The biggest reason I write this now is because of the National Anthem sung at the Bruins game tonight. I've always been a huge sucker for the National Anthem. There's about a 50% chance I cry any time I'm at a professional sporting event and it's being sung. I just feel the power that comes with the song, to feel the surrounding unity. I've never felt it stronger than I did watching it on TV tonight, when tears actually did come to my eyes for a little bit. To hear the entire stadium singing...you just have to see it for yourself.

1 comment: