Friday, November 9, 2012

10 songs on shuffle

One idea and one thought before I get into this post:
Idea: I should start tabbing or categorizing my posts. Perhaps initially on just a very broad spectrum. I say this because I'd like to be able to have a place where all of my music posts are, a place where all my sports posts go...but I would be so torn by some more convoluted posts that it seems likely to never come to full fruition. Like many things I've tried here.
Thought: There are some songs (enough to make me think about a post about it, but not enough to actually follow through with it) that come on shuffle and I'm just like YES. "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls is one. "Lost?" by Coldplay is another. On the radio or iTunes or my iPod, some songs just come on and you're so excited that it happened on its own. Now. This post. Ten songs, namely the first ten songs, that come on my iTunes via shuffle. I'm scared, but I think this could be potentially fun. Here we go:
(Editor's Note: Oh, right, I'm also adding a quick sentence about what I think of the song.)

1. 7/4 (Shoreline) - Broken Social Scene. Really fun song. Even more fun is that it's in 7/4. Seems logical.

2. Story of My Life - Social Distortion. One of my favorites by them, a really fun song to sing to.

3. Secret - Maroon 5. Best part is when the first guitar comes in at 49 seconds.

4. Teahouse of the Spirits - The Panic Channel. Awesome song from Madden 07 with sweet-ass chords.

5. Exit - U2. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know all of the songs on The Joshua Tree by heart...this is one of them.

6. Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty. This would be one of those "YES" songs. In the running for greatest song ever.

7. Jumper - Bedlight for Blue Eyes. Sweet cover of the Third Eye Blind hit. I think the bridge is the best part of the cover, with the piano replacing the guitar in the original.

8. Dust Bowl Dance - Mumford & Sons. Probably the most badass song off Sigh No More. Just mad fun to sing.

9. Far Behind - Candlebox. I get the feeling that this is one of the more underrated/unknown songs of the '90s. Good song.

10. Tripping Billies (Live) - Dave Matthews Band. Sweet live edition of the song, as most of DMB's stuff is.

Well, I think that may have been less fun than I anticipated, because I was kind of expecting something that didn't really seem to fit with the kind of music I listen to...although I suppose that's the reason it's called shuffle. Time to go listen to "Bright Lights" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment