Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Room of Requirement

I guess what happens after six days without blogging is that I get a bunch of ideas and thoughts in my head that I should have blogged about some time in the previous week. So, like the Room of Requirement, think of this blog post as whatever I need it to be - a CF of miscellany. (To find out what a CF is, urbandictionary it. I created the phrase "CF of miscellany" last night and think it would be a tremendous name for a band. Or maybe a Pandora station.)

First off, I'd like to tell everyone who said I would love Dexter that they're right. It took me 23 episodes to deem it unbelievably awesome, but it finally happened. I finished the penultimate episode of the second season today on the Internet, and I can tell that it's going to be one of my favorite episodes of the series. It's just awesome to watch the show through a combination of third-person Dexter with first-person Dexter's thoughts. Not to mention that some of the music is absolutely amazing.

When I was thinking about how I was going to write this post, I concluded that it would emulate the style of my Twitter (kind of) posts, but with more words. And I was totally okay with the lack of fluidity in the end product of what would be this blog post. And I'm still okay with it, if I've gotten this far.

I'm excited about going back to school. It will feel like a fresh start, just like it did last year, except now, I have a lot of new people in my life, and experiences that I'm bringing with me after one year of college. Not to mention that this will be my first fall semester with more than zero floor space.

I just remembered the next-to-last blog post before I left school for the year, and how it was an unexpected-yet-I-think-I'm-supposed-to-feel-this-way melancholy that I had. I kinda have that same feeling now, even though I'm listening to my new favorite song, "Walk" by Foo Fighters. I'm leaving for school in approximately 72 hours, where I'll probably be there until Columbus Day weekend. And I'm totally okay with that, even if it means I'll be away from my friends and everything in Watertown again.

Speaking of which...this summer went by really fast. Even though it also seemed to drag on like hell at times - I don't know how there are still eleven days left in August. I guess this is what they mean when they say that August days are the dog days of the MLB season - that applies to everything else, apparently, too. But luckily, college will break me out of that. It's definitely because Stonehill just seems bright. When it's sunny, it's like REALLY sunny or something like that. And even when it's gloomy it still feels good to be outside and stuff, instead of having a lazy day inside.

Camp ended yesterday (there was something I forgot until now), and this was overall a good summer. The kids this year were a little harder to deal with than in other years, but I've been doing this long enough where I'm used to it, so I handled that well. This was also the first summer where I didn't take a full week off...maybe that's why this summer seemed to take longer than usual. On the plus side, I did make more money this summer than I have at any point in my life, and I still had a ton of fun at camp. Things like Color Wars and the Stanely Cup were a lot more exciting and fun than they have been in previous years, and I'm looking forward to them again next year, as well as a lot of stuff about camp.

The last thing on my mind is that this is my 100th blog post. My theory is that I held off on blogging for 6 days because it was going to be a milestone for my blog, even if in and of itself, my 100th blog post should be no different from any other blog post - multiples of 5 and 10 are cool and all, but I'm still curious why they're milestone-ish. Granted we count in base 10, so that's probably why. Anyway, it doesn't feel like I've had 100 blog posts. Some of them have been really short, others really long, some mundane, some really interesting and exciting (at least I think so), and others completely arbitrary. I'm glad that my blog has no real theme, but rather a bunch of general whatever-I-feel-like-talking-about posts. A CF of miscellany, if you will. Told you it was a cool phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment