Saturday, May 7, 2011

Colors

So my year at Stonehill is just about complete; right now, I'm in the midst of a break for my Psych final on Monday, watching the Celtics play phenomenal basketball in Game 3. It's about time they turned it on, too - they're feeding off of Rondo's energy, just like the Red Sox always feed off of Dusty. Speaking of our beloved local 9, a 15-18 start isn't certainly anything like we expected, but there are bright spots. Gonzo is hitting over .300, Lester actually had a good April (and if he keeps that up, he can win a Cy Young), and Papelbon isn't that terrible anymore. But of course, the story of the month is the playoff success of the Boston Bruins. I guess Claude can keep his job now, huh?

For whatever reason, as I type this, I have some sentimental feeling towards this post. Even though I was talking about sports, there seemed to be some underlying melancholy inside of me. I mean, I'm going to be home in about 4 days, back wreaking havoc in the streets of Watertown. But I kinda liked wreaking havoc around campus, too. And by wreaking havoc, I mean being a child, laughing hysterically in the quiet cafe, having epic jam sessions, either with friends or by myself, and walking around campus listening to mood- and weather-appropriate music. (For example, I walked to dinner in the rain listening to LOST music. It was really cool, and I actually started walking faster the closer I got to the Commons, since I could see the lightning and hear the thunder. SO awesome.)

Hopefully these last few days at school are filled with blue skies, sunny days, and the final goodbyes, until next time. And who knows when next time will be - hopefully not in August, because I would love to see my Stonehill friends over summer, just how my Watertown friends came to visit me at school. It's going to be a long summer with Camp P and Orientation in the summer and fall, but I know I'll be excited for it every day, and that's all I need to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment