Friday, March 18, 2011

Methods to the Madness

After Day One of the NCAA Tournament, I already felt like my bracket was done for. I still have a Final 4 and an Elite 8, but I have a Sweet 13 in each of my two brackets, which I always seem to struggle with in the Round of 64. (I can't say first round anymore, because that was the Round of 68. They just need 64 teams, and no more. Keep it simple NCAA.) The first bracket I filled out was my legitimate bracket, where I have Ohio St., Duke, Notre Dame, and BYU in the Final 4. I don't like going with too many 1 seeds, since all four 1 seeds have made the Final 4 only once. My other bracket was originally going to have the other team win the games I would second-guess myself on (e.g. Duke over UConn, Ohio St. over UNC), but that turned into a complete mess. I had Old Dominion beating Pitt in the second round (that worked out well), I have Duke losing to Texas in the Sweet 16 (which is weird, because I had no problem with Duke beating Texas in my first bracket), and St. John's in the Elite 8. So I don't have two Elite 8s...I was kinda hoping that since the NCAA Tournament is always unpredictable, if I made a ridiculous bracket, then I could get lucky....turns out that was just a stupid idea. There comes a point every March where I realize I'm not going to win any pools, and begin rooting for Duke to win every game...but I never thought that would come on Day Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment