Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dirty Water

Well Red Sox Nation, we got the first one out of the way.

After a 9 to 6 victory over the enemy Yankees on Opening Day, the Sox have one in the win column. It wasn't pretty, and 0-7 was still on the minds of some fans, I'm sure, but we pulled it out in the end (that's what she said). After another horrid performance by Lackey, who has allowed at least one run in every inning except ONE (in 8 2/3 IP) so far this season, the bats and the bullpen picked up the slack. On a related note, I've decided that Dustin Pedroia is simply an animal. He put the team on his back in the first and second innings, bringing life to a team that lacked the energy of Red Sox baseball. But not all was well in the Red Sox lineup, as leadoff man Carl Crawford went 0-for-5, further extending his poor start to his first season in a Boston uniform. Alas, Red Sox fans can breathe a little easier after the Opening Day victory. But there's still work to be done, because one win won't solve all of our problems.

As far as the non-baseball component of Opening Day, it was awesome. It doesn't matter what month, what time, or who they're playing...any time I'm at Fenway, I feel like a little kid again. I take an obscene amount of pictures, especially of the Green Monster. My favorite thing about Opening Day is the American flag being draped over the Green Monster. It's such an awesome sight and I always make sure I get a few good pictures of it. Yesterday was also the first time me and my dad have ever been at the gates before they opened. It felt like New Year's Eve or something, but it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment