Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Texting bad

During the seven weeks it took me to watch Breaking Bad, I would text one of my friends (who was a few seasons ahead of me) as I watched. Seems important enough for me to actually have some semblance of these together, so I went through said texts and picked out the favorites that I had sent. Here they are. Again, severe spoiler alerts for Breaking Bad, and important-enough spoiler alerts for Dexter.

So in one episode we’re supposed to believe that Walter White goes from geek to playa? This might be the only TV series that could have ended after one episode and it would have made sense

He also just started off episode two by doing his wife in the rear

It’s well-written, I just keep seeing things that I’ve already seen, like when he says he’ll go to a sweat lodge for spiritual healing and then steals methylamine or whatever

Hank is a good foil for Walt, but no one is better than House/Wilson. Even their blood types are foils

I almost hate Skyler as much as I hate Kate from Lost and that’s HARD to make happen

The bell is a brilliant write-in

The two people who let Tuco bleed out until HANK THE TANK comes in and fucking kills him

Also did Wally really just break out of a hospital and in to his own house? This guy is better than I thought

I also bet the pink bear intermittently happens until it all makes sense at the season finale

I’m also getting tired of seeing AAron Paul and other elements in people’s names

Yeah, it’s a little more playful in Dexter though like he whispers to his son “I’m a killer” and shit

Midway through 3x02. Tito is the guy ringing the bell, Threeco are the two brothers that went to see Tito. Tuco was one man, Threeco are two

I figured, once they burned a truck full of dead people

How much of the show will I miss if I mute every scene that Skyler is in

That’s bullshit how do 20 rounds go off in a supermarket parking lot, where someone RUNS AWAY CLEAN and NO ONE CALLS THE POLICE

Walt is gonna ironically find a way to pay for Hank’s treatment isn’t he, and the plot thickens

The half measure story might end up being my favorite scene of the series

I love fugue state Pinkman

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry I put you through all of this……how does that sound” HAH

It was fantastic. Incredibly telling line. What did I say was my favorite scene of the series?

I dunno, I think Walt kinda likes being a huge criminal

Alright I concede, the whole “someone needs to protect this family from the man who protects this family” was a good line

Looks like there’s no more hermano

Like the guy who had his blood in a fridge in Mexico just in case doesn’t prepare for inspection on his property?

I’m waiting for someone to commit suicide in the moment, like when Pinkman had the gun to Walt’s head

This show is good at making you think something is going to happen, someone will die or something but then it doesn’t happen

Wait, Gus seriously fixed his tie before he fell to the ground in his death? That’s stupid, that was terribly done

The music when Gus was walking to the old folks’ home was epic. Better be on the soundtrack

Also loved Skinny Pete’s savant piano playing and sudden keenness for business transactions

Can’t decide if the cold open to “Say My Name” is the most badass or corny thing ever

This show has been great at the cold opens, previewing something further down the line (52 with the eggs and bacon for example)

Also the music during Hank’s car ride after he found out, I LOVE when shows and movies use one note to show the character is losing focus, like an ears ringing kinda thing

Also I don’t trust Todd at all, just a general up-to-no-gooder. Then again who isn’t in this show

Re: Walter’s confession video…I want him to have an actual, real moment where he has absolutely no agenda besides being real and true to himself

Hank just arrested Walter and 0% of me believes this situation is resolved

Oh great and now he tells Jesse that he watched Jane die, right before he’s gonna get Pinkman killed. I might actually hate him more than Skyler

I wonder how many times someone has said “I need you to trust me” and has deserved zero trust

He did have a brief pure moment after Skyler took a knife to him and said we’re family, and then took his daughter and ran off. And then just said “family or no” meaning he’ll kill literally anyone at this point. He’s only real to himself and apparently his daughter

Apparently not even his daughter #firetruck 

BADASS ending to the penultimate, incorporating the theme song. When it all comes down to it, Walter is Heisenberg. Time to running diary the finale

No comments:

Post a Comment