Sunday, February 23, 2014

10 sentences with pretext

It's rare that I do a blog post and don't post it to Facebook or Twitter. So, if you're reading this, you've done a little navigating on your own, so you can consider this some kind of reward or something.

1. Today started out as a Bon Iver kind of day (specifically this), but now it's an Explosions in the Sky kind of day.

2.  The days when you don't want to show your face to the world are the ones that you really have to make an effort to do it anyway.

3. People think I'm good at hiding things, but really, I just don't know what to show them.

4. I still have no idea how I got a cut on my forehead, but it will go away, as cuts do. As everything does.

5. I can't decide if this is actually pretext or if it's subtext. Maybe it's some kind of proxy for pretext, that would be convoluted.

6. Dave Matthews is perfect music for when you're feeling pretext-y.

7. I wish I could still play "Cristofori's Dream" on piano. I used to know it and loved playing it, but then I went a long time without playing it.

8. I wish I cared more about being good at actual piano and not just playing along to my iPod.

9. The whole point of pretext is to hide what's really going on. Everyone has something going on.

10. I wish I could go back to Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment