Saturday, July 7, 2012

Analytics

So I think I'm going to spend some time in the next day or two and read through all my blog posts. Yep, all 218 of them. Which, for all I know, could take north of two hours, but will be worth it. I won't be doing it to see how far I've come as a person...I'll be doing it to see how far I'm come as a writer; mainly about myself. I'm one of the most analytic people I know, and I think that if I've been blogging for about a year and a half now, I should be able to understand myself pretty well. After all, I've been with myself for 20 years, seven months, and one day. (That's right...I'm 21 in under five months. Yikes.) And I've always prided myself on being able to find the best combination of words to fit exactly my thoughts. Well, I'm putting myself up to the challenge. I want to see what my ten best blog posts are. Not in terms of page views, comments, input...not in terms of how much I enjoyed whatever I was talking about...I want to see the ten best examples of me thinking about things. It's one of my favorite things to do, and pulling out ten posts that really capture the wheels turning is fuel for future blog posts, so I know what I can live up to. Ten posts that really show that I'm in it, per Natalie Portman in Garden State. I'm really excited for this, and I know that if nothing else, it will get me thinking about thinking. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment