Tuesday, March 18, 2014

7 reasons spring semester is way better

1. Warm weather! It's supposed to be 50 degrees this week. That's a lot of degrees for this time of year. And pretty soon it'll be warmer and warmer and the days will be longer and sunlight and all that fun stuff and everyone will be outside hanging out together having a great time and we'll have so much fun! (Editor's Note: I think I just packed five reasons into one. Hopefully this doesn't ruin the rest of the list.)

2. Double vacation! I'll see you a Spring Break and raise you an Easter Break, non-religiously-affiliated colleges. Can you say five entire days between classes? Thanks, Jesus!

3. Mumford & Sons. Specifically Sigh No More. I remember listening to this album in each of my first three springs at Stonehill, so it seems only fitting that I continue to listen to it one last time.

4. March Madness. Even if you know nothing about college basketball, you're aware that there's a relatively important tournament that starts tonight but should really start on Thursday because play-in games are stupid.

5. JAMnesty. Specific to Stonehill (not that I ever intended this to be applicable to all colleges), JAMnesty is essentially a social justice/coffeehouse extravaganza on the quad, which is totally fun. I remember my freshman year (maybe sophomore year) that me and my friends all had pizza delivered to JAMnesty and we ate it in front of O'Hara. That was fun.

6. Opening Day. Literally the best day of the year. I should do a blog post where I talk about all of the days that I award this title to. Duke/UNC at Cameron, Opening Day at Fenway...probably only those two, but I'm sure there are others.

7. Reflecting. I'm a little upset that this last reason has a lot of meaning to it, because everything else on this list is about super-fun stuff that's awesome. But reflecting is always good, and especially so in the spring semester. Especially especially so in your last spring semester. In related news, I know what the post title is going to be for my fourth and final end-of-a-Stonehill-year blog post. No teasers yet, but it's going to be the best title of the four.

Alright, more fun spring stuff now.


No comments:

Post a Comment