Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The final countdOwn, pt. 2

What am I even supposed to say about Orientation at this point? For the first time ever, it actually feels like I've done this before. And this is the fifth Orientation group/session I've had as a PM. Which is weird, because I would have totally expected this to happen by now. This isn't to say that this year doesn't feel new in any way at all - this is obviously a different team, with different mentees, and pretty much a different everything. That's the beauty of doing this over and over, that you get to experience it in such a different way.

Ah, experience. That's something that I might want to talk about in further detail at a later date, but the diversity of experience is what I think is the most kind of diversity. We talk about lots of kinds, but everyone goes through a different path to where they are right now, and where you are right now is different from where anyone else is right now.

It hasn't hit me yet that I have one more Orientation session remaining. And maybe it won't, and maybe that's fine. What I can say is that I feel as though I kinda have everything down - how I want group times to go, how I want to answer certain questions...hell, I even finally have an "I Am" poem that I want to stick with. I definitely feel like a third-year, but in the "get everyone else involved" role, instead of just looking at the end. That's something that I think I've done this year, really be in the moment as far as whatever is concerned.

As a completely different aside, I REALLY want to go see Explosions in the Sky. They're coming to New England in August -- not really anywhere close, but perhaps within reasonable distance. I just really want to see them. They make everything better. Here is "Postcard from 1952," because it's an amazing song.


No comments:

Post a Comment