Friday, May 31, 2013

10 best MLB alternate hats

Every summer, I treat myself to a new Red Sox hat. Different style usually, and it's always some time around now that I get it. I'll be sad to see my current hat hung up, but it's time. Maybe I can break it out as an alternate, which is what the Red Sox do with it anyway. But speaking of alternate hats, I'm ALL ABOUT these new ones that were worn during the interleague series at the beginning of this week. You can find all of them here, and I've listed my top ten below.

10. Minnesota Twins. I really like the whole white-front-panel-against-navy-blue thing, and the red brim is sweet too.
9. Oakland Athletics. How can you not like an elephant balancing on a giant baseball?
8. New York Mets. It's all about the mascots representing on the hats. There's nothing particularly exciting about the Mets, so Mr. Met is pretty much the sole reason for their spot on this list.
7. Chicago Cubs. For all of the misery surrounding the Cubs, this is something that they have going for them. Love the white "C" on the hat.
6. Milwaukee Brewers. They would have been lower in the rankings if they only had their primary hat, but the old-school hat below seals the deal.
5. Arizona Diamondbacks. Might have been topping the list if they had something like their old color scheme available, but the new one will have to do.
4. Washington Nationals. I would love to own this hat, which is essentially the exact same style as the Twins' hat. The reason for the Nationals being ranked higher is that I love the "W" a lot more on this hat than the "TC" on Minnesota's.
3. Boston Red Sox. I just absolutely LOVE the white trim around the "B". Just a terrific color scheme.
2. Cincinnati Reds. The Reds have the perfect combination of color scheme and a mascot parading on the front panel. While the all-reds isn't as impressive, the black/red combo vaults this into the top two.
1. Colorado Rockies. There's something about this hat that makes it look PERFECT for Stonehill. Probably the Rockies and the baseball and the black/purple. Either way, this is an absolutely fresh hat. Would also have been fantastic with purple panels and a white (or black) rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment