Sunday, May 26, 2013

10 summer goals

As my room in New Hall is about two trips to the car away from being all moved out of, I punch out one final blog post in 415. It's about looking forward to my time in Jefferson 2 this summer, my first and only experience of Courts life. Here are ten things that I want to have happen this summer:

1. Live in the Sem. Might as well keep with the theme of living in places...I've lived in O'Hara for both Orientations (034A, to be exact, both times), and have never lived in the Sem, so, you know, I wanna. Hopefully this puts more pressure on the Orientation staff to make happen, but the Sem would be sweet.

2. Blog incessantly. I have a handful of things that I've wanted to blog about, even as recently as the past week, but I just don't seem to have the time to sit down for a solid half hour or something. Maybe I could just do one of those really short blog posts like I had back in the day.

3. NHL12. I'm 7-1-0 in the 82-game season I totally plan on finishing this summer on All-Star mode. I figure if I do well enough in this season, I'll never lose NHL to any of my friends again. Which usually happens anyway, so go me.

4. Make Baseball Club happen. This was a half-serious "Hey, let's do this" thing that our Baseball Statistics class pushed on the last day we met, so I have all of the application stuff to get things rolling for the fall. Turns out we won't be an SGA-official club until 2014-15, but it'd still be cool to make moves this year.

5. Research baseball. Speaking of Baseball Statistics, I'm also planning on doing a little extension of some of the research we did as a class. It's really cool stuff that I think would be a lot more badass with a larger pile of research.

6. Get colored shorts. Colored shorts are a staple of Orientation, and I've been without them for two years. Must change that.


7. Read books. Currently, I'm just planning on reading Terry Francona's book and 1984, and that's probably all I'll get through this summer. It takes me forever to read books. Meh.

8. Quad sports. Between wiffleball (blog post coming this week), Can-Jam (I suck, and probably still will after this summer), and lots of other fun activities, many hours will be spent outside. Including the night when me and my home friends get together for...

9. SH3. SH3, or SH'13, will be the third scavenger hunt that the Watertown crew will participate in together. The first two have been awesome, and in Watertown, and I'm hoping that the third will be awesome and at Stonehill. Big things planned this summer for SH3.

10. Go hiking. As of twenty seconds ago, Vicki and I are going hiking at Blue Hills at some point this summer. I'm excited because I feel that this is something that I can have a lot of fun with. I mean, it's just walking, but it's walking among cool landscapes and scenery, or something like that. Or maybe it's just walking. Beats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment