Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On to the next one

Gah, I haven't blogged in far too long. Nice to see you, everyone. I don't really know what the hell I want to even blog about, despite the fact that I've come up with several topics in the past week. Namely, Red Sox greats during our time, Duke's losses to N.C. State and Miami, the beginning of the Bruins season, and sending in my application for the final time to be a Peer Mentor. But while I want to blog about all of these things at once, I kinda don't really wanna blog about any of them right now. I get in an anti-feverish mood whenever Duke loses, where suddenly, I just don't feel like doing anything anymore. Which is exactly what this blog post is. By which I mean, not really anything. But you know what? Screw it. I've come to the realization, for a few months now, that I've had fewer, yet seemingly more meaningful posts. And don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the deeper, Values Game-esque blog posts. I think they're some of my favorite to write, and I think that people seem to enjoy reading those the most. And it's because there are some great conversations to be had with those kinds of topics. But for now, I chalk up this blog post in the loss column. Sure, you want to see a win at the end of the day instead of a loss, but there are still some things to be learned from a loss. I won't go into those things too much now, but it's always on to the next one. Even after a win, there's another game to be played, another blog post to think about. This one may not be as stellar as some other posts, but it's also better than some posts, too. So, you go back, look at the film, and it's on to the next one. Soon enough, there will be a much stronger blog post than this, so until then...

"Done, I'm done, and I'm on to the next one."
"All My Life," Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment