Monday, December 24, 2012

Airing of Grievances

Wow, this might be the longest I've gone without blogging...
That wasn't a grievance I was airing, I just noticed it and found it bizarre. I mean half of those days was because I was still at school, sticking to my "the last post of the semester is the last one" rule, but since I've been home, nothing, really. I would have liked to post this yesterday, on the actual day of Festivus, but here it is anyway - seven posts I think I could have done without - my Airing of Grievances.

1. Celtics 81, Hornets 83. Eh...I've always kinda thought this to be a really lame post about some essentially meaningless basketball game. I worry that I have a tendency to do this every once in a while, and since this is the first one, it might as well encapsulate any other time this has happened.

2. A Half(time) Show. This was the first of two posts where I just berated what I could about the NFL during the 2011 Super Bowl. Here, it was the god-awful Black Eyed Peas halftime show, and in the next post, ripping the NFL in general.

3. Vocab + Saving the World? Sign me up!. I mean I literally said nothing in this post...

4. Minesweeper. Seriously? I had a post about Minesweeper? I mean it's a great game, don't get me wrong. Love it. Maybe this one should just go under "Things that belong on Twitter."

5. Fire Brand of the American League. I don't even go on these websites that I keep posting on my blog anymore...maybe I should have one consolidated post with all of the websites I thought I'd stay with.

6. Jam Band #1. This is when I thought I was good enough at guitar to come up with my own riffs, chord progressions, and what not. The only reason I'm capable of any of that is because I'm good at music, not necessarily guitar itself. Which is a pretty cool concept I literally just thought of. Yeah, I can play guitar, and yeah, I can play piano a lot better, but isn't what I'm good at music? Potentially more to come on this.

7. Seven credits, ten classes. I need to stop complaining about the amount of classes I'll end up taking by the end of my four years at Stonehill. I want to double-major, I want to come out with as many killer electives as I can, and I'm succumbing to my biggest pet peeve - people complaining about Stonehill. My rationalization is that I'm not complaining about Stonehill, I'm complaining about how I decided to run through my four-year plan (not as linearly as I could have)...but this is not the time nor place for this. Hopefully never is the time and place.

I was aiming for ten posts I could have done without, and maybe I could have filled it out, but I suppose it's a good thing that I didn't complete it. Turns out a lot more useless posts happened in 2011 for me, which gives me more confidence for the upcoming year in terms of my writing/blogging abilities. I have some ideas for the future (immediate future, to be precise), and always seem to have a list of blog post ideas in the back of my mind. Maybe that's why my writing has been better this year. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment