Friday, March 9, 2012

Memorial for the Living

Oh, what a wonderful life we live.

Although I'm pretty sure I've blogged about karmic balance and stuff like that, I don't know where it would be off the top of my head, so I'll just go about it here. I've always secretly believed that the universe course-corrects itself, one of the many themes in LOST. It's kind of like karma, and the balance of good and evil, happiness and suffering. Eventually, everything's going to normalize itself out. I believe that our lives are true to that system. There are amazing moments in our lives, but there are also the ones that, for lack of a better word, suck. Sometimes things suck, but hey. C'est la vie.

To be completely honest, I have no idea how I want to say what I want to say. I'm not even sure I know what I want to say. I know I want to talk about the preciousness of life, and how delicate it can be. Everyone preaches how short life is, and how sacred every day is, but I'm going to disagree with some of that. One of the best things I've ever been told is when my grandma said, "What a long life we have." I love that. Our lives are filled with an unlimited amount of moments and details that are perfectly known by only us. Right now, I'm sitting alone on a bed, listening to a song from 50/50. No matter how detailed I could describe exactly what I'm doing, no one would be able to understand it in the way I do right now. No one will have this memory like I will.

But what happens if we can no longer remember?

That's the second part of my living-life-my-way thing. Part one came with cherishing as many moments as you could, and having those memories for yourself. Part two goes right off of that. It's about sharing as many moments as you can with the people you love. We may not remember everything, and there may even come a time when we may not remember anything. Which is why I believe that it is so important to remember with the ones you love while you still can. To share those cherished memories.

Celebrating life is one of the greatest things we can do as humans. We often celebrate the lives of others, but I believe that we need to do this more often while others are living. Consider it your memorial for the living. Remembering the good, the evil, the happiness, the suffering, and everything in between. Remembering moments, experiences, and shared stories of life.

I can always be found.
I will stay by your side,
And I want you to find me,
so I'll stay by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment