Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beast mode

Here are a bunch of things I'm thinking of, but not enough of it to come up with its own blog post. Which means I'm currently devoid of a title for this post. Meh.

- I put the Foo Fighters' In Your Honor in my iTunes this weekend. SUCH an awesome CD. Especially because half of it is acoustic and nothing like you would think the Foo Fighters are like. What's better is that the other half is exactly like you would think their stuff would be like.

- There was an email sent out to Stonehill students asking if anyone wanted to write for The Summit, our school paper. Opinion stuff. When I first read it, I was like Hey! I can do that! Unfortunately, as previously stated, I'm short one 500-word topic.

- I'm also making gradual steps towards performing at a coffeehouse at school. Right now I'm putting a handful of songs together that just happen to have chord progressions that fit with each other. But I'm not telling yet, just in case I actually follow through with this.

- The one thing that I probably could write about is the basketball team. They're in the Elite 8 (like, of all the Division II teams in the COUNTRY), and playing in the national quarterfinals tomorrow against the third-ranked team in the country, West Liberty. A team that scores over 100 points per game. On average. It's scary to see all those offensive statistics, especially because this team has led the country in scoring for six of the previous seven seasons, but Stonehill has the fourth-ranked defense in the nation, allowing under 60 points per game. EVERYONE at Stonehill should watch this online at noon tomorrow (Wednesday).

- I hate that feeling when you think you have a lot of homework, but you actually don't. I also hate the converse feeling. I'm not sure which one is true right now, however. These two weeks between spring and Easter breaks are going to be some sort of limbo stage that will have a couple tests scattered throughout. Guess it's beast mode time.

No comments:

Post a Comment