Monday, July 11, 2011

Metablogging

One of my favorite roots in the English language is meta-, which means something along the lines of self-referential. So metanarrative is a story about a story, for example (as in, stories that start "Once upon a time..."). So metablogging would be a blog post about blog posts! Today I went through all 80-something blog posts, just to see what I've said in months past, as well as checking for color-coordination (there's something about the new layout where yellow on white in my "10..." posts doesn't look good), typos (Vicki told me she found a sentence in a post where I used a different word than I intended to, but couldn't find it when she looked again (that's actually the reason I went through all my posts - I wanted to find it so she could sleep peacefully (turns out the mistake was in my first post from the Stonehill library, where I mistook "note" for "know"))), and making sure YouTube videos work. It was actually fun to go through old posts and see what things made me laugh at certain times, as well as go back to old dates and remember what I was thinking at the time I posted something. Now that my blog is squeaky clean, I love it even more than I did before!

No comments:

Post a Comment