Thursday, July 21, 2011

Communication

Go ahead. Try not to do it. It will probably last you a minute in some situations, if that. Communicating drives our world more than we think. And it comes in so many different forms and ways that it's simply astounding. I'm communicating something right now on my blog, but I could just as easily have this conversation in person with someone. Or over the phone, or texting. Or in Spanish, French, or with sign language (if I knew Spanish and sign language). Or even the I'm-going-to-grunt-and-point-at-the-fridge-but-my-mom-will-still-know-I-want-food language that parents know so well. When I was thinking about the idea of communication earlier, I figured that I'd have a lot more to write about than this. But thinking about it now, I don't really need to say a lot. I've communicated my point. (Although by that theory, I should have ended my post four sentences in.) It's just up to you now to communicate with yourself and see what you think on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment