Thursday, February 10, 2011

One For the Ages

If you don't know it yet, I'm a pretty big Duke fan.

You would have seen my Blue Devil pride on display if you were watching tonight's game with me. Duke held off UNC by a score of 79-73, in what was a tale of two halves. The Tar Heels started out of the gate flying, extending their lead to as large as 16 points. Freshmen Harrison Barnes and Kendall Marshall led the way in the backcourt for UNC, while bigs Tyler Zeller and John Henson were a dominant force in the paint. Luckily, the second half belonged to the home team, as Duke quickly erased the Carolina lead. Nolan Smith led the way for the Blue Devils with a career-high 34 points, and Seth Curry was a huge boost of the bench with 22 points.

But you're probably bored of statistics, something I could talk about forever. The point is that this game was simply amazing - while I watched the first half on my laptop while the rest of my friends in my room were watching ABC Comedy Night, they would occasionally hear me swear at my computer or start pounding my desk in frustration. Even more interesting were my reactions in the second half when Duke was making their comeback. I was throwing my mini basketball around the room, jumping up and down, and modestly, it was a treat to see. This is a game I am definitely on the lookout for on iTunes, as it is well worth the $1.99 to watch as many times as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment