Saturday, November 29, 2014

88

Seventy-six keys sit glowing in front of me, a combination of letters, numbers, commands, and functions. Eighty-eight lay to my left, no more than two feet from where I'm sitting, waiting to be played. This is the first time that I've combined playing piano and blogging into a simultaneous post, and I have no expectations or ideas where this will go. I'm just going to play and type, type and play, thoughts running across the screen as I go along. For setting, I'm alone in my house, wearing the most comfortable t-shirt, sweatshirt, and sweatpants I own, with socks and slippers for bonus comfort. That's kind of the mood I've been in all day, and I'm curious to see the impact it will have on the songs I'm about to listen to and play. It is 7:10pm as I begin this, and I am unable to tell you what time it will be when I end this. But enough typing...for now.


Totally not sure how I want to do this second part...I ended up playing eight songs, which I'll list below. After briefly thinking about it, I'm curious about the causality between songs/mood. I was in some sort of hazy, melancholic mood, and I believe as a result, gravitated to these songs. Although one could make the argument that listening to these songs puts one in a hazy, melancholic mood. I only know the causality this time because I felt the mood first and then went to the songs. Would it work the other way around? In any event, here are the songs I played, with reasons unbeknownst to you, and possibly to myself, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment