Thursday, January 2, 2014

10 posts I'll write in 2014

Disclaimer: this has absolutely nothing to do with resolutions, commitments, whatever you want to pretend happens at the beginning of every year. Just ten posts that I would love to write this year.

- I want to post on April 21 and talk about what the first Patriots' Day since the Marathon bombings will feel like. I can't even imagine how emotional it will be in Boston, at the starting and finish lines, and at Fenway. Hopefully I get to experience some of it. It will be scary, but there will be an insane amount of pride in the city of Boston on this day.

- Not that I'd be trying to start an argument with people, but I have some opinions on abortion, religion, euthanasia, and probably others that could be written as a result of being pissed off at something or someone. I actually almost did this two or three days ago, and googled (Editor's Note: is this capitalized? Do we do this yet?) "10 hot topics to debate." The first link took me to a page that started "Greetings from the house of the Lord Jesus Christ!" So this should be pretty easy.

- Kind of a cop out here, but I'll be predicting the 2014 MLB playoffs. No surprise since I've done it for three years, but it's important to note that I was just about perfect this postseason. Thankfully so, too.

- I also know that I'm going to have some emotionally-charged, ultimately final post from Stonehill. Again, something I've done for three years, but unlike the MLB playoffs, my time at Stonehill is unfortunately coming to a close. Here's the most recent end-of-a-Stonehill-year post, and expect a fourth and final one in May.

- It was also pretty fun to take a look back and see what my favorite posts of 2013 were. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same in 2014, which will be especially interesting as it will be about seven months since graduation that I'll be doing it. Graduation is slowly becoming a theme all over the place right now....

- Alright, time to focus on pre-graduation. This semester I'll be interning with the Providence Bruins doing gameday operations and other fun things, and it's probably as close to a job in sports that I've come thus far. Hopefully I'll be able to talk about how awesome my internship is, and what's especially cool about it heading into the internship is that a lot of the players on the Boston roster have come from Providence this year.

- Opening Day is going to be awesome, too. Not sure why I didn't mention this immediately after Patriots' Day or the MLB playoffs, but the Red Sox won the World Series, which means we get to have another ring ceremony. Not sure why the first home series of the year is against the Milwaukee Brewers (thanks technology), but like I said...ring ceremony.

- Again, another cop out, because I'm planning on doing this tomorrow, but I'll probably predict the NFL playoffs too. Four games this weekend and the weekend after that, and then it's Conference Championship time. I can't promise I'll take the Patriots all the way, but I would much rather be wrong and have a second parade in four months, than be right and see the Patriots lose at some point.

- Finishing House will probably happen in 2014, and if you've been following along with my favorite episodes, hopefully you'll check in on wrapping everything up. I blogged about the series finale when I watched it on DVR, so I figure I'd like to blog about the series as a whole after a second time rewatching every episode. (Let's be honest, I've probably seen many episodes at least a handful of times, but not as an entire unit successively).

- In recent years, my June blog posts have culminated around two things, primarily - Orientation and the Bruins' Stanley Cup run. One of those things is never happening again, so hopefully I get to write another summer post about playoff beards, best-of-7 series, and hoisting a Stanley Cup. One of the things I've realized as a sports fan is that I want parades. I realized it during the Bruins' Cup run this summer, that one of the best things with championships is the parade throughout the city, and I want to blog about another parade. Nothing better.

Well, that's ten. I'm hoping to follow through with these, and I'm hoping that you'll come along for the ride! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment