Monday, December 2, 2013

10 reasons why I shouldn't win Mr. Stonehill

Here's the deal - this Saturday, December 7, at 7:30pm, I'll be making a complete fool of myself. This, in and of itself, shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, because I regularly make a complete fool of myself. But what's special about Saturday is that I'll be doing this in front of two thousand people, which will be fun and interesting, to say the least. For both me and you, should you decide to go. Which you totally should, and which is also why I'm blogging about this. Because as much as I could sit here and tell you all the fun stuff I have planned, there are ten other reasons why Mr. Stonehill 2013 is going to be a night to remember. So, here we go - 10 reasons why I shouldn't win Mr. Stonehill, going in alphabetical order for the rest of my fellow contestants.

Bryan Bosworth - Hands down my favorite swimsuit wear. No secrets will be revealed here (or anywhere in this post), but as a person of simple and well-done humor, Bryan is all over it. He's also put a ton of work into his talent and it will show on Saturday.

Winslow Cilfone - In one of our last practices this past Sunday, we pretty much agreed that Winslow had already won the People's Choice Award. In addition to capturing the hearts of every human within a five mile radius of Easton, I'm convinced that he has various wildlife following him around, too.

Tim Culverhouse - Dude got his own Stonehill marketing video...I could probably stop there, but Tim is someone who will be an all-around force come competition time. He's a prominent face in the radio station and The Summit, so his publicity can only be a good thing.

Xavier "X" Dixon - I actually almost walked out when he performed his talent for us last night at rehearsal...he's taken this competition to a new level and will have to be met by the rest of us in terms of focus and overall showmanship. Plus there's an unpredictability that comes with X that will be fun to see live.

James Dunn - Roommate love aside, I think he's been the most into our practices and rehearsals. I wouldn't be surprised if he has cameras set up so he can review film and improve his technique heading into the competition. The past three winners of Mr. Stonehill were all heavily involved in either SGA, Peer Mentor, or Student Ambassador, and James hits the trifecta.

Brian "Freshman" Gavin - Huge props to Freshman, because there was no way I would have done this in my first year at Stonehill (evidenced by my not doing this in my first year at Stonehill). He's made a name for himself among ten other guys who are older than him, and he'll look to cement his legacy in Mr. Stonehill history with a solid performance on Saturday.

Ryan McCormick - It's going to be 7:15pm on Saturday night, and Ryan will still be the only person who has any idea what his performance is going to look like. From what we've seen, I know that he's going to bring it, and his energy level will be tough to match throughout the night. We could have five consecutive nights of Mr. Stonehill and Ryan would bring 100% to each of those nights. I can only imagine what 500% will look like on Saturday.

Brendan Murray - Kid has had an absolute blast being a part of this competition. No one has seen him show the slightest bit of worry regarding his talent, other performances, or really anything to do with Mr. Stonehill. I'm not sure if it's ice in his veins, or that he's just superb at blocking out outside noise, but Brendan will certainly be focusing on the victory on Saturday, and it will be a delight to watch.

Burke Oppenheim - Many people will see his contribution to Mr. Stonehill as putting together all of this incredible advertising. All these pictures, all the infographics and designs...all him. The thing is, he's still preparing to win this competition. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve that will be absolutely spectacular, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was already crafting a Burke victory poster.

Matt Smith - Put his talent up against any that you can think of, and he'd probably win. As the only returning Mr. Stonehill contestant, he knows the ins and outs of the competition, and despite being a junior, has a leg up on the competition with his experience. Look to see someone who is focused and will draw on his veteran experience to pull off a very possible upset.

Bonus - Matt Tardiff (written by James Dunn) - Out of everyone in this competition, Matt is probably the most willing to make a complete fool of himself. Lucky for him, that's the name of the game at Mr. Stonehill. Look for Matt to be in his natural habitat on Saturday - recklessly silly, with just the right amount of true talent to bring home the win.

So, there you have it. My competition (and me), but in a different sense, the people who I'm working with to make Mr. Stonehill one of the best nights ever. After a couple of months of practicing, with the competition less than a week away, I can truly say that it's been nothing but fun to be a part of this, and I've seen the same in the ten people I just talked about. So get over to Mr. Stonehill on Saturday at 7:30. Bring your friends, bring your neighbors, bring people you pass in your residence halls. Because there are eleven very good reasons you should go.
Don't miss out on the event of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment