Saturday, January 31, 2015

For me

Let's pretend that you're not reading this post. (Keep reading though. Just pretend.) Pretend that no one is reading this post, that no one will ever read this post or any post I ever write here. What happens if no one reads my blog? This is question I posed to myself one night. It's interesting, because this essentially functions as a diary, which I have no intentions of keeping. I have my ways of keeping track of events in my life, and besides, I've always been interested more in what the implications of events are instead of remembering what actually happened. Because if you can understand the effect, you will remember the cause.

It's actually not outlandish to say that no one reads my blog. Since I deleted Facebook, I have had four blog posts with a total of 26 page views. My penultimate post in 2014 has 36 page views, as a comparison. Maybe it was a mistake by my marketing team to delete Facebook, but I fully support their decision (as I am the marketing team). So what if I don't have as many Twitter followers as I had Facebook friends? So what if I can't figure out how to post links on Instagram?

I am fully aware that I have an entire blog post dedicated to you, the reader. I did leave a disclaimer at the end that there are a few other reasons why I blog beyond the fact that you are reading. You'll see one of those reasons at the top of this post.

Go ahead, stop reading. See if that stops me from writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment