Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The end is never the end

This post is going to be somewhat along the lines of one that I had late last year, just an amalgam of thoughts about things that kind of have to do with one another. Actually no, I feel like bullet points right now. Here is my path of thought:

  • I came across this article, in which German scientists have apparently proved that there is life after death.
  • I had the following reaction upon seeing that this article even existed, before reading one word of it:


  • This whole time, I've been listening to the newest album by This Will Destroy You. Their first song, "New Topia," is very awesome, and you should listen to it.


  • I went back and forth between deciding whether or not to name this post "Life after death after life after death" or something along those lines. For a brief moment I used ||:, like a musical repeat, but then recalled the main theme from The Stanley Parable, which is a philosophical masterpiece. See post title for main theme.
  • Anyway, this quote..."Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." Brilliant quote (by Epicurus, a Greek philosopher) and one that I thought applicable in this situation.

So that was pretty much how I spent the past 30 minutes of my life, and I'm glad that I wrote it down here, because I'll bet a decent amount of money that I'll come back to this post at some other point in time. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment