Saturday, June 7, 2014

Paradox

If you've seen both Inception and Lost, then you'll get what I mean when I say that this piece of music has elements of both in it (alright, it's pretty obvious that it has Inception elements, but I definitely hear some Lost in there, too). Currently, I'm in one of those moods where I think that nothing exists, so naturally, I'm going to blog about it. I read through all of my posts regarding time, and the general consensus that I don't really believe in it. One of my posts has a line that "time" only exists as an arbitrary assignment of a word to a concept that we don't really have any control over, or understanding of. I want this idea extrapolated to lots more concepts. Take the word "smart" for example. What exactly does it mean to be smart? Seriously, try and break it down for me. In my sport psych class, we talked about "talent" in the same way, that we just use the word "talent" in the face of not really being able to explain it any other way. I'm wondering if "honest" can be similarly considered. What does it mean to be an "honest" person? Are you honest 100% of the time? If the main mantra from House ("Everybody lies") is true, then it would follow that no one is perfectly honest. So where's the threshold for being considered honest, and how do we measure that? If we think of time as an arbitrary assignment to something that doesn't really exist, how many other things are there that we regularly use and think about that don't really exist?


No comments:

Post a Comment