Monday, November 11, 2013

10 minutes

I haven't blogged in a long time, and it's because I haven't really had the time to. And when I say that I haven't had the time to, I'm completely lying. I definitely have the time to, I've just prioritized other things ahead of blogging. So here is this blog post, where I'm just going to be typing for ten minutes. About anything and everything. For starters, it's to prove to myself (and to you) that I actually do have ten minutes every day to blog if I wanted to. This is something I've been doing each day with simply laying in bed for ten minutes. Just to remind myself that I have this time to do nothing, even when it feels like I have no time. Give it a shot if it sounds like something you're interested in.

A big reason why I've hopped on this "10 minutes" bandwagon is because I'm really getting tired of school. I'm not sure if it's just this semester, or that I'm burning out, or whatever it is, but I'm just finding it hard to be excited about schoolwork right now. I want to start focusing on things that I truly enjoy, which I can still do in an academic field. Next semester, my two math courses will be a sabermetrics directed study, and a thesis project looking a new way to model GPA, depending on the difficulty of class, times the class is offered, etc. This is something that I'm almost positive I've blogged about before, but I won't go searching for it now.

For those who don't know, "Intro" by The XX is a really good song. What's even better is this ten-hour loop of it, flawlessly executed. It's definitely one of those songs that you can listen to for a long time, so I'm glad that someone actually made it possible.

This has been a very busy weekend for Stonehill sports. I feel as though I should give a ton of credit to the deserving teams. Field hockey made it to the NE-10 Tournament Championship and will host an NCAA game this weekend; football clinched a share of the Regular Season NE-10 Championship and will play for the conference crown this Saturday at American International College. There's word of fan buses and this is something that everyone should be a part of. Men's basketball kicked off the 2013-14 season with a pair of wins this weekend. I was at the first game, and yelled a lot because it's fun. The other team probably didn't like it, mainly because I was yelling at them, but it seemed to work, because they weren't very good. The women's basketball team is in the top 10 of the country and will face #1 Bentley in eleven days. That's not a lot of days which means the Bentley game is coming up really soon and that's exciting. Both men's and women's cross-country won the East Regional, which is starting to become a routine, from what I'm hearing. Volleyball is in a prime playoff position, and both soccer teams had a strong finish to their regular seasons. Hockey has picked up, too. It's a fun time of year where a lot of teams are in action - some starting, some finishing their seasons.

Ten minutes is a lot longer than you think, or at least these ten minutes are a lot longer than I thought they would be. Which is interesting because it is the exact same amount of time as any ten-minute span of time. There's the alarm indicating the end of said ten minutes, so I'll wrap this up now by nicely putting that when you think about it, you'll always have ten minutes to do something, even if it's nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment