Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shuffle

I would like to make a confession as a music enthusiast.

I can't make a playlist to save my life.

For years now, I've been working around the same sort of playlists - one to drive around at night to with my friends from home, one designed for sunny Saturday afternoons, one to fall asleep to...the only two playlists that have come close to being a concrete thing are for when the sun is rising or setting (acoustic and soft rock, respectively). And the reason I've never been able to complete any other playlist is because the feeling of the playlist is in a constant flux. Yes, some songs are perfect for the playlist, but to fill in another five or six is always impossible, because nothing can replicate those perfect songs.

Now I have another confession, as an ardent blogger.

My blog is becoming one of those playlists.

With the newTunes Project a semi-fail, me getting a real Twitter, and the Rulebook not being fleshed out, there are, metaphorically, a few playlists that I haven't been able to complete. And like those playlists in iTunes, I think I will end up deleting these tabs on the blog. The only thing remaining is the class gifts, which I actually do intend to finish. And am surprisingly making progress with, which is cool. But with the end of the school year upon me, I feel like changing up things up a little. New layout, taking care of the clutter, and making things simple.

...Right, my title. It was going to be "Simple Man," but I went with "Shuffle" because that's the point of not having playlists. The reason for not having the playlists is because all of the songs are in my iTunes library for a reason...I might as well listen to them as one. So why can't the blog follow suit? Might as well, right? So I'm changing things up. I'm not really sure how to end this post, but I'm alright with that. Sometimes I have really good, awesome endings to posts, but other times it just kind of happens. This is clearly the latter. Alas...

No comments:

Post a Comment