Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Glee" running diary

Bill Simmons usually writes a live diary about important sports games, whether it be Celtics playoff games, or the Red Sox collapse on the final day of the 2011 season, and I always love how those articles look. Being forced to watch the penultimate, two-hour-long episode of the season of Glee with Vicki, I will try and squeeze out as much enjoyment of this as I can. So...

8:08 p.m. I'm still not really sure what has happened on Glee from when I stopped watching it in the beginning of season two, to now, at the end of season three. It seems kinda like Lost where they ran out of stuff to do, so they just incorporate any good idea into the writing. Only for Glee, it includes songs that have gone from cool stuff that I know to pop culture and recent music that I don't go near.

8:11. "All you're doing is hating on it! Why don't you live tweet THAT?"

8:15. All of the characters switched because one of them had a head injury. It's actually really cool to see everyone as somebody else.

8:20. I love anything involving Samuel L. Jackson.

8:30. I wish that television shows had free reign to swear as much as they want. It would make any heightened scene or conversation exponentially better. Maybe one day...

8:42. Regarding the commercial for Dunkin Donuts MIB3 coffee...any time you mix coffee with other coffee, you get something worse than either thing. Just not a good idea.

8:47. One of the characters on the show is the catcher from Major League 2. Horrible movie, but the fact that he was from something I knew was cool.

8:54. Just found House on the TV guide, and it was "Son of a Coma Guy." One of my favorite episodes, which includes my favorite House monologue ever. Also...House is ending in six days. Wow. WOW. House is ending in six days. Wow...

9:00. Lady Gaga on The Simpsons? Very interesting. Actually, not that interesting at all. I won't watch it.

9:16. All the chicks just sang "Edge of Glory." It was actually pretty good - so good that if I still watched Glee, I would download it. Probably because it sounds like the original...loud with many things going on. Which makes that interesting/not interesting thing happen.

9:18. I love songs with very profound/deliberate cadences, like this song from The Rocky Horror Picture Show (0:48). (Editor's Note: Props to Vicki for telling me that it was not from Grease.) My current favorite example is the cadence of the chorus to "No Way Back" by Foo Fighters.

9:31. One of the groups performed "Pinball Wizard." THIS was the reason I watched Glee. Not for the first song the same group performed, which was by Nicki Minaj. Cool stuff.

9:34. Commercial for the Olympic Games, reminding me of Michael Phelps's epic win in the previous Olympics. Even if you're not a fan of swimming, the Olympics, America, or anything...it was such an intense moment.

9:36. Lindsay Lohan is a 12-time Teen Choice Award winner? Congratulations, contemporaries. We effectively ruined the world.

9:53. FOX really has to stop showing stuff relating to the last House episode ever. I know already that I'm going to cry. If not bawl my eyes out.

9:55. Time for the last song. "It better be a good effing song."

9:56. "We Are the Champions." If only Vicki didn't hate Queen...although I think she likes this version.

10:00. After what I will concede to be a pretty decent couple of hours, we turned off the television to the newscaster saying something about choking in pain...there always seems to be some comic relief after cool moments in TV shows.

And when it's all said and done, I'm pretty happy with my first running diary post. I won't do it for House, because I'll be way too into the finale, but perhaps some other time. I'm not really sure how Bill Simmons ends his posts...after going to the article about the 2011 Red Sox collapse, I will leave you with a similar ending. "The 2011 Red Sox needed to go away. And they did."

No comments:

Post a Comment