Monday, September 19, 2011

10 differences between freshman and sophomore years

It's been way too long since I had a list post, so here you go world. These are ten differences between my rookie season at Stonehill and my sophomore campaign. And I currently have I think two of these ten in mind, so here goes nothing...

1. Everyone now moves out of the way for me when I'm on my scooter, especially on the bridge by our dining commons. This almost never happened last year, but hey...I'm not complaining. I mean it's just a scooter; it's not like a bike where I'll legitimately injure you if I hit you...also...I won't hit you.

2. People know me this year! Granted no longer being a freshman/being a Peer Mentor/yelling in the quiet cafe will get you recognized, so I suppose this is the second difference in a row where I'm not complaining.

3. I brought my xBox to school this year, to play gazillions of games of NHL11. NHL11 is the greatest. Spreadsheets of games of NHL11 played are even better. HOORAY STATS!

4. Now that I no longer live 45 seconds from Dunkin Donuts, I don't get breakfast there anymore, and instead eat the most important meal of the day in the dining hall. Granted, I probably won't have a meal plan around birthday time (take notes Mom and Dad), but I have plenty of money to use for...whatever random things college kids get. I bought Moneyball at the bookstore a couple of days ago, so there's something...

5. I'm not in a fantasy football league this year. It's probably because I've had a parasitic hatred for the NFL in the previous year, and will more or less only watch the Pats if they're on. I don't follow it, I don't care about it, I just want Tom Brady et al. to bring some more hardware to Boston.

6. No more GenEds! Not that I didn't learn anything in my Literature, Religion, or Philosophy classes (Sorry, history. You continue to fail my interest levels), but I love having freedom to take courses I want this year. Speaking of which, I might pick up a second major in Psychology in addition to Math. HOW FUN! ...But seriously, that'll probably be done in like a week. Whenever I get my lazy ass on making a new four-year plan...

7. I'm like...realizing what I want to do by the end of my four years here now. Last year, I was this happy-go-lucky freshman who didn't know nothin' 'bout 'nothin, but now I'm a happy-go-lucky sophomore who essentially could stay at Stonehill forever if they let me...between everyone I've gotten to know, and all the people I've had the pleasure of encountering, I want to keep doing this sort of thing. Like Peer Mentor and Student Ambassador and stuff...I love that I get paid to talk about how awesome Stonehill is. And you all know how much I love Peer Mentor.

8. Classical music has become almost a regularity for me while I do homework now. There's something about it...it's quite peaceful. And as I type this, I'm listening to Avenged Sevenfold play heavy guitars and scream at me...good thing I love almost all music.

9. I'm not playing nearly as much guitar as I was last year. Granted I've only been at school for under a month, but it's partially attributed to having my guitar out in the open right next to me, as opposed to having to cross the room and take it out of my bag to get it this year. I also miss my electric guitar...which will be in my room eventually. I love it.

10. I also have a lot more hidden symbolism in various posts. This is more of a post-freshman year thing than this actually happening sophomore year, but there definitely is some spread out throughout posts. If I did a good job of wording things the way I want, then very few people should understand what they mean, but I kind of like that. It means that while I'm opening up to everyone with the words I post, there is still some I keep with me, and I'm fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment