Saturday, September 7, 2013

Time, pt. 9

Oh, the ever-growing paradox of time. For the first time in a few "time" blog posts (you can search "time, pt." to see them all), I'll be relating it to myself, instead of pushing some general idea. Right now, I feel that time is like a wall, one of those Indiana Jones brick walls that close in on each other and you're stuck in the middle. Maybe not with metal spikes, but it's still there. I'm someone who's very next-oriented in the small picture, now-oriented in the grand scheme of things. Which sucks for something like senior year, because the larger, more important things to consume my time, energy, and thoughts are the things that are farther down the line. Figuring out what I'm going to do after senior year is a long ways away compared to the homework I have due on Tuesday, but what I'm doing post-Stonehill is far more important in the big picture. Maybe I'll just have to learn to somewhat reverse that process, to take care of more important things first, even if they're more in the background. It's hard, stressful, and not fun, especially when I think about all of the different ways that life can go after Stonehill. It's scary and I'm afraid that being freaked out about after senior year will make this time during senior year less enjoyable. I can feel it and I have a bad feeling that this isn't the last time I'll be feeling it. But I'll take it one day at a time, keep what's important close to me, and do what I can to enjoy my life.

"I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter, and some thought, to get your emotions going..."
 - Jim Valvano

No comments:

Post a Comment