Tuesday, August 13, 2013

100 questions to ask people

Well, all of my stuff is in my New Hall room for the school year, and I don't want to put any of it away. I'm tired, I'm exhausted, and the last thing I want to do is more moving of stuff. So, I googled "questions to ask your friends" and came across this link. So, here we go!
  1. How are you, really?
    I already told you, tired and exhausted.
  2. How do you feel right now? What are you thinking about?
    How much this question sounds like the first one.
  3. What’s your favorite color?
    Purple!
  4. What’s your favorite food?
    Hm...lobster macaroni & cheese
  5. What’s your favorite dessert?
    Cheez-Its. Does dessert have to mean sweet and chocolatey?
  6. How old are you?
    Older than I was the last time I was asked this question.
  7. What have you learned today?
    Cardboard sometimes smells like vomit.
  8. What was your favorite subject in school?
    Math. And strangely enough, the tense is more correct than I'd like to believe.
  9. What do you do?
    That which I don't not do.
  10. What are some of your favorite books?
    Candide, The Dive From Clausen's Pier, This I Believe are three.
  11. What are some of your favorite movies?
    Step Brothers, Anchorman, Inception, Awake.
  12. What kind of music are you into?
    Most, but mainly rock. And post-rock.
  13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
    If I'm ever to write an autobiography, this is the cover, I know that much. Favorite book title? "Somehow I Manage" by Michael Scott.
  14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
    I have no idea.
  15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
    Making it this far.
  16. Are you married?
    Nope.
  17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
    Long story, heh.
  18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
    Get married when the time is right.
  19. Do you have any kids?
    Nope.
  20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
    Nah, my lack of religion is fine with me.
  21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    A baseball player!
  22. How did you get into [INSERT THEIR CAREER FIELD]?
    Well if I had a career field...
  23. Would you recommend [INSERT THEIR CAREER] for other people? Why / Why not?
    Whatever I'm going to end up doing, I'm sure that few people will want any part of it.
  24. What do you do for fun?
    Sports and music, that pretty much encompasses everything that doesn't already involve people.
  25. Do you like traveling?
    Not really.
  26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
    See I don't have an answer for this, since I don't like traveling.
  27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
    Dave Grohl.
  28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
    I would say that I am incapable of feeding random advice. Arbitrary advice I can do, but not random.
  29. What’s one of your favorite habits you have?
    Hunh, I feel as though habits has a negative connotation. I spin pens around my fingers a lot, that's fun.
  30. What are some things that make you really happy?
    My friends and family, well-timed music, eating half a box of Cheez-Its while a USA House marathon is on.
  31. What are some things that make you really sad?
    Losing, or getting close to losing, things I care about.
  32. What are some things that scare you?
    See above, bugs flying around me and landing on me.
  33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
    90/10 to the former.
  34. Are you a religious person?
    Not in any sense of the term.
  35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
    Ted Williams.
  36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
    City.
  37. What was your life like growing up?
    Same as it is now.
  38. What were you like in high school?
    Same as I am now.
  39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
    One sister.
  40. What’s your favorite part about today so far?
    This, actually.
  41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
    My parents, despite the zero credit I explicitly give them. Did it by just caring about me a lot.
  42. What’s your favorite joke?
    "Nooner, nooner, Nolan's gonna spoon her!" "He's gonna fork her." "And then he's gonna KNIFE her!"
  43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
    LOVE the sushi.
  44. Do you like spicy food?
    Not as much as I like not spicy food.
  45. How do you like your steak cooked?
    Medium.
  46. Do you have a favorite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
    Depends on my mood. My favorite sports number is 4, but when I like pissing people off, I'll pick e.
  47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
    Fox. Foxes are clever, and generally badass.
  48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
    Too many to pick just one.
  49. What kind of vacations do you like?
    The ones where I do nothing.
  50. What are some of your major goals in life?
    Be okay with it when it's almost over.
  51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
    Make it to tomorrow.
  52. What do you like least about yourself?
    Like least? Or hate most? Pass.
  53. What embarrasses you?
    When I do something embarrassing? I dunno.
  54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
    Assuming I have the skills/mindset for it, skydiver or something that I'd never do in real life.
  55. What’s your earliest memory?
    The time my dad left me at elementary school because he didn't feel like having to deal with me crying.
  56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
    Apply to be a PM at Stonehill.
  57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
    I can honestly say that I don't have just one.
  58. What do you think people think of you?
    Some good things, some bad things. Hopefully more good than bad.
  59. What were your grades like in school?
    I got a smiley face in kindergarten once, that was cool.
  60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
    Being ambidextrous.
  61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
    Introvert.
  62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
    Yes, and as well as anyone's personality test, I suppose.
  63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
    Their eyes. I don't know what that means, but that's what I think I notice first.
  64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
    If you can control it, is it really destiny? Free will.
  65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others (say, a severely retarded patient vs. a doctor who could potentially save hundreds of lives)?
    No, I don't. I'm not saying that anyone deserves to die over anyone else, but I agree in the sense that some people contribute more good to the world than others.
  66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
    Basically, as in inherently? No. No one is pure good or pure evil.
  67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
    Absolutely relative, which is a wonderful paradox I talked a lot about freshman year.
  68. Do you think God exists?
    No, I don't.
  69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
    I can't conceive of one - that is, no afterlife I've ever thought about makes sense. Then again, that could be the point.
  70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
    I voted this past election for the first time, and I voted by filling in the bubbles.
  71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
    We choose nothing when we enter this world, which is a perfect irony in the sense that choices may be all that define you from that point on.
  72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
    Depends how it's used. Again, going back to the whole 'nothing is absolute' thing.
  73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
    Who are these people? How would I kill the person? Ask these questions all you want, but this is way too heat-of-the-moment for me to know what I'd do.
  74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
    Given away, like here, have my money? I have no idea.
  75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
    Probably to start wearing jeans.
  76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
    Something that I wish I didn't.
  77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
    Fewer people? More food? We seem to have enough here, let's send some to everyone else.
  78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
    Stop patting people on the back when they don't deserve it.
  79. In general, what do you think about art?
    Rhymes with fart. Not to say that it's in the same ballpark as farting, that's just the first thing I thought of.
  80. What are some of your favorite websites?
    ESPN.com, .....I'm refusing to say Facebook and Twitter so I'm kind of out of options...FanGraphs.com is really awesome, and Baseball-Reference.com as well.
  81. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
    Women who smoke cigarettes. Call me sexist for not being upset if men smoke, but I hate it when women smoke cigarettes.
  82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
    There's a very big difference between telling something hugely not true, and saying something that's just averagely not true, but having larger ramifications. In which case, two different answers for me.
  83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
    Something that people aren't about to find out about right now.
  84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
    That I have a blog. But since you're reading this, we're well beyond that point.
  85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
    I'll either hop right in the shower or go on the computer.
  86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
    Again, too difficult of a question right now.
  87. Do you cry easily?
    It really depends. I was thinking earlier today that I haven't cried in a long time, but I'm vulnerable to it given the right circumstances.
  88. How do you feel about public speaking?
    I can.
  89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
    I don't dislike it.
  90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
    Very dependent on time of year. During the summer, two. During the school year, seven hundred.
  91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
    Myself.
  92. What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
    What's one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
  93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
    Never.
  94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
    Nope.
  95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
    I dunno.
  96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
    Jesus Christ, how the hell am I supposed to remember?
  97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
    A company that consults consultants.
  98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
    Start here, and read.
  99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
    Great question. I'd rather be remembered than hated, if that answers the question.
  100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
    Cheated out of what, life? There's a lot I still want to do, but that wouldn't give me any reason to be upset on my last night on Earth.
Well, that was fun. It actually was, too. I love these kinds of questions/surveys/games/whatever and if you have the time, it's definitely worth going through yourself to see what kinds of answers to these questions you'd have. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment