Saturday, March 30, 2013

10 more letters about March Madness

The first time I did this was...wow, really? Into the tournament. I really didn't expect that, I figured that I wrote it before the tournament started. Right after the Final Four was set. Now, I'm writing midway through the second game of the Elite 8 - Wichita State just went up 25-15 on Ohio State. Now that that's out of the way...

1. Dear bracket,
R.I.P. You and I will never get along, and we can't ever do business together. I'll still fill you out, and play in pools, but I officially give up hope that you and I will arise to victory.

2. Dear Davidson and Colorado,
I only had each of you winning one game, but damn, I love picking the upset that no one else does. Especially you, Davidson. You broke my heart, losing with one second like that.

3. Dear Wisconsin and New Mexico,
You too each lost in the first round, but I had you both in the Sweet 16. Elite 8 for Wisconsin. And it's not that you lost, it's how hopeless it felt to watch you lose. Good for Ole Miss and Harvard, but you're better than that.

4. Dear everyone who thought Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens were leaving,
Seriously? Why would they leave VCU and Butler? They've established programs that have seen national success, and they're going to keep building on it. Back off.

5. Dear selection committee,
What happened to Michigan, Syracuse, Oregon that you underseeded them so greatly? What about Gonzaga's #1 seed? Sure, they lost twice...they also played in the WAC.

6. Dear Jim Boeheim,
Congrats on the Final Four. Furthermore, congratulations on the fact that you're known for the same defense every basketball player learns in 5th grade. Have fun in the ACC next year!

7. Dear Clark Kellogg,
I don't know why, but I've just become really annoyed with you. I almost discredit anything you say, because it's usually wrong, anyway. Where is Dickie V?

8. Dear Trey Burke,
Please stay two more years at Michigan. Please. I can promise you that I won't care about you if you're in the NBA. Please stay.

9. Dear Big Ten,
Thank you for giving us a DVD box set's worth of fantastic games in the regular season. I had Ohio State, Indiana, and Michigan State in the Final Four, but the one team with the best chance is Michigan. Go Big Ten.

10. Dear Duke,
You can do it. Doug McDermott scared me, but I believed in you. Michigan State scared me, but I believed in you. Louisville scares me, like a lot, but I still believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment