Thursday, February 7, 2013

Through the looking glass

I just wanted to share this really fascinating article with anyone who has a little bit of time to spare. A cultural anthropologist professor went undercover as a student at her university, and compiled all sorts of data about the students in higher education, what their role meant as a student, what professors' roles meant as such, and more. It's a really cool read, and kept making me wonder how I could do something like this.

How could we, though? Seriously...I know that metacognition exists (thinking about thinking), and I've talked about metablogging before (blogging about blogging), so something like this definitely seems plausible. I dunno. I didn't mean for this to be a lengthy post by any means; I just wanted to share the article, and I had the phrase "through the looking glass" in mind for the title from the moment I read it in the article. It's always good to look in the mirror and really see what's going on, but at times, it's important to do that in ways we might not think conventional.

No comments:

Post a Comment