Friday, December 24, 2010

Differences

What's the difference between my room at home, and my room at school? I just started thinking about this as I look around my room to see a travel bag of clothes lying on my floor, a laundry hamper of dirty clothes, a scrap of t-shirts and winter hats next to that, and a complete mess on my desk - my computer, my laptop, and about 25 other things I could list. But what's there isn't really the point...it's more of how it's there. It's not set away neatly like it would be if I were at school. Clothes aren't put away, things aren't where they belong, and maybe it's just the result of me only being home for the second full day since finals ended, but this year, I will have spent significantly more time in room 39 of O'Hara Hall than my room at home (location undisclosed). Yet that doesn't mean I feel as though my room at Stonehill has become my home. I've lived in my room at home for some 17 years or something like that. Hell, I've had the same wallpaper since I was about nine. And yet, I'm only staying in this room for 3 or so weeks, until I return back to college.

So in terms of what the difference is...I don't know. Room 39 has become my second home, but I'll never see it again after May whatever, 2011. I guess this just brings new meaning to One Day, One Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment