Thursday, December 4, 2014

7 mega-fun songs

I've been posting quite a bit about music lately, and here's a post that is more evidence of that. Ten super-awesome, mega-fun songs that are worth listening to, and if you're into the whole dancing-around-your-room thing, then that too.

1. Silhouettes - Colony House
I haven't read the lyrics for this song yet, but whatever this song is about, it's very fun. Kinda trippy, but fun.

2. If You Wanna - The Vaccines
I have read the lyrics for this song, and it's definitely not a collection of lyrics that make it seem a mega-fun song. But it totally sounds that way, and this song reminds me of getting ready for weekend shenanigans at Stonehill, so hooray!

3. Party Hard - Andrew W.K.
Those that remember Madden 03 (that seriously came out 12 years ago?) will enjoy this one. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, try this Android commercial.

4. Battles - Hudson Taylor
This song makes me want to drive really, really fast on the highway. Hell, this song makes me want to drive fast anywhere. It also has the greatest two bars of sudden a capella (2:49), a perfect setup for the crash.

5. I Ain't The Same - Alabama Shakes
First off, Alabama Shakes are an excellent band. Secondly, and fittingly, this is a PERFECT song for this group to play after their opening song at concerts. Everyone's cheering them after their first song, and before they can quiet down, the two-beat pickup starts and everyone cheers more. According to setlist.fm, they've played the song 25 times since June 2013...never second. Damn.

6. I'm On a Boat - The Lonely Island, feat. T.I.
Hell yeah this song is on this list. If you haven't heard this song before, any of my words can't do it justice. Enjoy.

7. Paradise By the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
Not exactly sure how to explain this song being on this list, because it totally doesn't fit in with any of the other songs here. I had been trying to find this song for a while, knew that Glee sang it (which they did), and I've always had a predilection for two-part songs.

And, I think I'll stop there. Primarily because I found a video of the top ten most heartstopping WWE returns ever, and as much as I've been on a music kick lately, I've been on a nostalgia trip to my days as a professional wrestling fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment